Simple Pleasures.

Simple Pleasures.
Irish soda bread on its way up North with Noah.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

It all starts here....

I guess the appropriate--if cliched--phrase I should use to kick off this blog is "better late than never." If I look way way back, long before the web changed our world, I can see that I was already blogging. I did so through letters....long funny obtuse letters, short strange ones, flirtations, suggestions, you name it. And I remember explaining to someone, somewhere that I loved letters because they were spontaneous and were unencumbered by high expectations. I didn't need to present an argument or clean organization or even a cogent thought. Whatever I decided to slam down at any given moment....it was acceptable to throw it in an envelope and call it "mail."

I've been watching the blogosphere from the sidelines for a handful of years now. Each time I pull up a post, I see that same unfettered writing inherent in my old letter writing. I scan the stories, laugh a little, write down some recipes on occasion. And then I get a little uneasy. A little pissed off. Because there's that voice saying, "I should have done this. I could have done this." And then, of course, that clincher rises up through my gut, "it's too late."

Well, maybe it's not. For years, I've been writing a cookbook and sharing it via the internet with a web of friends, family, and acquaintances. For years I've been reporting for countless women's magazines about health, fitness, food, nutrion, travel, and god knows what else. And for years, I've been aching to share what I've learned about relishing all of these aspects of life with friends, family, and just about anyone who will listen.

Well, I'm making this blog on this ordinary February day my official mouthpiece. And I welcome anyone to read along and relish life with me. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Welcome to the blogishpere. Nice posts. Can't wait to keep up with you on here. You have me longing for Mohonk. I never did get there. Oh well, there is still time I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peg- Just came across your blog this AM-I am a retired Montclair Police Officer and lived in Montclair for over 50 years. I am now a writer and a real fitness nut. I have written the book, "Let's Talk Fitness" and my blog is listed in this site.I'm not a professional fitness person but I have been doing this all my life(77 years) so I feel I have something to offer in this field. My 75 and over seniors sofball team is going to Sanfrancisco in August 2009. I have played in the last 5 Senior Olympics(50 and over) and in 2007 we won the gold medal in Kentucky for the State of New Jersey.I like your site and hope we can pass info- Tony Naturale, www.tonynatch.com

    ReplyDelete